Shop Wildtree Products

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thanksgiving Guest Post: Cultivating a Spirit of Thankfulness

Cultivating a Spirit of Thankfulness


By: C Bedinger


Over the last few months I have spent some time thinking and reflecting on what it means to be thankful. Even more so now as the holidays approach. When we cultivate a spirit of thankfulness it will spread to those around you. In a time of growth and learning we will find a support all around us. It will bring a whole new meaning to the love and care the people around us have for us. I look around at the support I have from my friends and family and I am truly thankful for them. They are always there through the struggles and successes.
We often forget that we are all on a journey. It can feel like we struggle to remain thankful. We get so caught up in our everyday life; caught up on the things we are doing, or not doing. We can become anxious about all the things we have not accomplished this year; or more often become focused on the things that have gone wrong instead of what has gone right.

In my journey I am learning to be thankful, even for the things that don’t go the way I think they should. Instead of focusing on the failure, I am learning that when we challenge ourselves we may find failure. However, that is okay, failure shows us where we can grow and improve. So I've challenged myself again and have reached heights I never thought possible. I have learned to be thankful for the struggles. It may seem unnatural to be thankful for our challenges, but it is within those challenges we find our strength. In this process, I am thankful for the journey, as things often are a journey and take time to be truly appreciated. I believe this is what cultivating a spirit of thankfulness looks like. This spirit of thankfulness will manifest itself in every aspect of your life and the lives of those around you. I encourage you to look at the challenges you face, and cultivate a thankful heart for the growth you will have through them.   


No comments:

Post a Comment