Shop Wildtree Products

Thursday, November 19, 2015

A Celebration of Thanksgiving: An Invite to Write


I would like Thankful for Thursdays to be a place where people can grow as independent thinkers.  A place to share positive interactions, experiences, new ideas, and reflect on challenges they have faced and overcame.

For several weeks, I have been anticipating Thanksgiving.  More specifically, brainstorming ways to engage readers and create a positive community on "Thankful for Thursdays" during the holiday season.  There have been many ideas that have passed through my mind, like the words "community" and "engagement," but still the ideas just weren't "fitting the bill."

I think I have definitely been overthinking it...but THANKFULLY the pressure of time (or lack thereof) can be a good thing and also, a woman in the coffee shop took pity on me and shared with me what she was most recently thankful for. #phew

HUGE HELP.  THANK YOU.

I think most days we tend to go through the motions.  We give out "thank you's" like candy on Halloween...

"Thank you" for the coffee.
 "Thank you" for holding the door.
"Thank you" for the birthday wish.

...And so on.

Many times it isn't until we have walked away from a situation that we see the big picture.  It could be that we didn't recognize the little coincidences or obstacles that had been set in place for something greater and we finally realize how thankful we should be for them.  Maybe it's the shock from a simple act of kindness that delays the overwhelming wave of gratitude.  Sometimes it can take days, months, even years to perfectly grasp or define what it is you have to be thankful for.

  After all, what do they say?
"Hindsight is 20/20."

So after all of this consideration, I am left with a request.

It begins by asking yourself the question: "What am I thankful for?"
Throwback Thursday to Thanksgiving 2014
First Thanksgiving as husband and wife :)

Take some time and reflect on the past few days, months, years, decade, or lifetime.    Maybe it is an old friend, a grouchy neighbor who turned out to be a friend, your children's laughter, the stray cat that became your roommate...ANYTHING.  This can be something that happened just a moment ago or in retrospect.  It's your opportunity to consider and share how you have been blessed outside of your own thoughts.

{Details Details}

Two "guest posts" (at least) will be featured here and on our Facebook page every week between Thanksgiving and New Years.

Submit Your Reflection
1.  Please "Like" the Thankful for Thursdays Facebook page (Here)
AND/OR
"Follow" Thankful for Thursdays on Pinterest

2.  Submit your reflection through e-mail by directly clicking or right-click and copy the text below:
Thankful for Thursdays.

3.  Finally, go beyond writing and find a way to "pay it forward."  Be creative and change your thankfulness into an act (or two) of kindness for someone.  

Please submit your guest post by November 25, 2015.

If you have any trouble, please contact me through Facebook, e-mail or by posting a comment in the comments section below.

{Picture Overload}


A little peek at who I am thankful for in my life (See Hubby Pic Above).
**Not pictured are my husbands parents who are unbelievably AMAZING and my in-law doggies who are oh so sweet. :)

My brother
 (Sportin' the ugly sweaters in 2014)

My Supportive Dad
My Wonderful Mother
And of course...let's not forget my precious pup-like senior

 
Dizzy-girl.....aka Isabelle
For without her...life would be a little less delightful.

Happy Thursday Everyone! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi! You don't actually know me, but I was in ESSU @ GVSU with Evan and I saw you tagged him on this post on FB. I love this idea and would love to submit something! Trying to find time to write with a newborn can be pretty tough, but I'll try my hardest to get it done. I also have a blog that you should check out. I stated my blog just over a year ago, but haven't posted consistently - but I hope that can change pretty soon! I don't know anyone else (in real life) that blogs, but I love the community of bloggers I have met so far! I like your blog so far and am excited to read more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blog is sodangdelectable.blogspot.com!

      Delete
    2. Alright...your son is ADORABLE. I'm hooked already. ;)

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much for your kind words and I hope you find a little time to submit. Sounds like you have at least one little gift to be thankful for this year. ;) Congratulations! That is so cool that you know Ev, I will have to mention this to him. :) I will definitely check yours out too. I really like the name you chose. So far, it has been really fun, even if it doesn't go anywhere, like you said it is fun to meet new people and build new connections. (This reply was supposed to come first.)

      Delete