Shop Wildtree Products

Friday, January 1, 2016

Let The New Adventure Begin!


So earlier this week I told you to stay tuned for updates on this new adventure of mine.  I guess you’ve waited long enough…and no, I'm not pregnant.  For those of you who’s thoughts went there I will assure you that a family is in Evan and my plan, but at this time we are very focused on the present.  And of course…getting a puppy in the spring (A girl can dream a little…right?!)

Now let me babble a bit more (please) and I promise I will tell you my new undertaking. :)

Recently, I started reading a new book that I received for Christmas.  And while reading that book I came to a realization;  I am here on this earth to help others.  Now, I know this might seem silly to say, because most of us are working to solve some sort of "problem,” but until recently I'm not sure I knew how wide my own passion for helping others stretched.  I guess I have always thought that my passion lived only in working with children, particularly in the schools.  However over the past two years I have found another passion for living a healthy and balanced life.  When I say a "healthy" and "balanced" life this means focusing on the products we choose to eat and use on our bodies, our physical activity level, as well as how each of these actions affect the environment.  Although I have been reading, watching, and listening to many different perspectives on organic vs. conventional products, farming techniques, environmental concerns, etc,.  Until now, I haven’t had an outlet for sharing this information with others other than Facebook and that just doesn't seem to do the trick.

Now let me introduce to you my new outlet.

It began a few months ago when my mom and I were talking on the phone (shocker there).  She told me that she had bought several food products from one of her coworkers who happens to be a teacher.  She had mentioned this teacher before and how similar we were in terms of the lifestyle we were aiming to achieve.  Well...it turns out that the products she had bought were "organic."  To say my mom was excited is an understatement and she encouraged me to check out the company for not only buying great food products, but to potentially join the team as a representative.  The name of the company is "Wildtree."

So I will be honest and say that I put it on the back burner for a while.  I didn't pay too much attention to it for about a month.  I have been taught to be quite skeptical.  There are times when you find what you think is a legitimate company and soon find out there are ingredients in the product(s) that I would rather not ingest or use on my body.  Now that's not to say that I have perfected our pantry or body products by any means, but I try to stick to companies with good practices and steer clear of ones I have found dirt on through personal research.  Now, when I say research that does not mean reading blog posts, although I do use blogs to supplement my research...blogs are based on opinions. I focus on researching through reading books, lots of articles, and watching documentaries.  

**With that being said while you’re reading this blog please keep in mind that what I believe is based off of my personal experience as well as what I have read, watched, listened to, etc.  What works for Evan and I might not work for you.  I value opinions, so therefore I enjoy taking into consideration others findings as well.  I most certainly want you to do personal research and if you find something questionable about what I support please notify me in a constructive manner.  This blog is ultimately about building a trusting community, and for the sake of the majority I would prefer you all to be independent thinkers. :)

Okay, back to the story…so...my mom kept bringing up Wildtree.  Finally, I budged…sorta.  I started looking for any negative review or article I could find via the Internet.  And guess what.  Turns out I have yet to find it (if you have something, please send it my way via e-mail).  Even articles that I thought (based on the headings) would give me exactly what I needed to dismiss the company turned out to be positive in the end.  After much discussion with my husband and lots of contemplating about whether I could handle it the answer became clear.  So here I am, finally with what I feel will be an amazing outlet for sharing my passion for living a healthy lifestyle.  It has been quite the adventure so far in the month since I began my Wildtree adventure.  Many of you may have doubts and questions, so here are the primary reasons why I chose to represent Wildtree:

1.  Healthier Lifestyles Affect EVERYONE and EVERYTHING.
Your output is based on your input.  So if I eat well and exercise, my mind and body will feel good for a longer chunk of time.  If I eat junk I will most likely feel an immediate happiness, but once the excitement is gone I will be left feeling like the junk I ate.  This is physiological...so definitely not something I am making up.  It becomes a terrible cycle; one that most of us have experienced.  In addition to our own selves, our environment benefits from living healthy.  I think many people have become removed from nature and how we as humans impact it.  We don't see the trash accumulating in the ocean by the hour, we don't see the nutrients and life in the soil and water deteriorating from chemicals by the minute, and we also don't see deforestation in the rain forest by the second...but it's happening.  The products we choose to use directly impact nature.  We are a large, LARGE part of it.  We must change the way we think about our daily choices and how they impact our planet for the sake of our future and our children's future.  Plain and simple.

2.  Wildtree is Convenient  
EVERYONE IS BUSY!!!  Wildtree arrives at your doorstep.  Now I am a huge advocate for grocery shopping, especially with the kiddos for learning purposes, BUT this doesn't completely take away weekly grocery shopping.  It will reduce the time spent in the store, but you will still need to go to the local butcher for meat and cheese as well as the grocery store for produce.  Secondly, with freezer meal workshops, everyone goes home with a cooler full of delicious dishes.  Ten different meals that typically work out to actually be 15-20 meals for a family of four.  Anyone who is busy and happens to cook or share cooking responsibilities in the family can understand that meal planning alone is time consuming.  With Wildtree, someone else is providing the menus, ingredient lists and prepping instructions for you.  I plan to even partner with a butcher to prep and deliver the meats for us.  Another angle you might consider is the habit of eating out.  When it comes to eating out I would say most of us are seeking convenience, but when the freezer is packed with meals that take approx. 20-30 min to cook up, the convenience of opening up the freezer far outweighs going out to eat.

3.  Wildtree is budget-friendly.
My husband is a finance major and we are both (typically) very much in tune with spending.  That being said, food is our downfall.  We LOVE good food (Pizza....I won't even try to justify that addiction).  The unfortunate reality though is that eating well outside of our home is EXPENSIVE.  A freezer meal workshop through Wildtree provides 15-20 meals for a family of four at $3-4/serving.  That beats eating out ANY day even at a low-grade restaurant.

4.  Wildtree Is A Social Occasion
  This past fall I made a lot of meals to put in our freezer.  It has been a blessing to pull out a meal (or two) weekly so that Evan and I don't have to answer the question, "what's for dinner?" multiple times during the week.  The only downside of cooking meals this fall was that the majority of the meals were put together in the company of me, myself, and I.  I was really appreciative of one of my best friends coming to hang with me for a good chunk of the time, but for the most part it was just me.  When someone attends a Wildtree workshop they are in the presence of other people working toward the same goal.  It is a wonderful way to meet new people and/or reconnect and visit with friends and family without losing productivity or immediate family time for that matter.

5.  You Can Earn FREE Food
So let's say Susie decides she has a group of friends who would love to do a freezer meal workshop or tasting party and she wants to hold one at her house, church, the library, etc.  Depending on the number of people who attend her party and order Wildtree products, she earns free food!  That has a positive impact on people's lives.  We can ALWAYS use food and when it's free...even better.

In addition to these five key points, Wildtree was started by a mother who was struggling to find food products that were safe for her children who were allergic to several common ingredients.  Therefore, the company features products that do not contain high fructose corn-syrup, MSGs, GMOs, additives, preservatives, or food dyes.  They are also low in sugar and sodium, as well as have options for people with gluten and peanut allergies.

Now as with most everything there are a few things about Wildtree that I am hoping will improve!  The packaging that I have received my products in is plastic.  I am optimistic that this is something they will improve on as they move forward.  The products are not ALL organic.  Although a good portion of them are organic they are still working on certifying each product.  Yes, they are working on certifying them all.  One of their products that was once "all natural" was recently certified as organic.  This gives me a hopeful heart that they are working toward that goal!  That's about it as far as criticism goes on my end.  Not too shabby!


The Wildtree seasoning and oils all set
for the Sunday's workshop!
My first freezer meal workshop is this coming Sunday and I will be sure to let you know how it goes as well as post some fun pictures!  The menu I am featuring will be "Everyday Meals" which includes the following meals:

Easy Skillet Jambalaya
Crockpot Chicken Quesadillas
Perfect Roast Chicken
Lemon Rosemary Pork Tenderloin
Crock Pot Shredded Beef Burritos
Lemon Rosemary Chicken w/ Orzo
Cajun Shrimp & Red Pepper Fettuccine
Hearty Italian Meatloaf w/ Marinara Sauce
Lemon Rosemary Oven Roasted Salmon
Southwestern Chicken Burgers

If you haven't noticed yet, I have added a "shop" tab to the Thankful for Thursdays homepage.  Clicking that tab will take you to my Wildtree website (mywildtree.com/mstaubin) where you will find lots of information about the company and have the chance to check out the products and order if you would like!  Some of my favorites...Beef Stroganoff Skillet Meal, Hearty Spaghetti Sauce Blend, Rancher Steak Rub, Guacamole Seasoning, and the Quick & Easy Beer Bread Mix.

Questions?  Feel free to e-mail me at thankfulforthursdays@gmail.com or comment below!

If you have experience with Wildtree, please share. :)

A few more reasons to Wildtree!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment