Shop Wildtree Products

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Freezer Meal Workshop: Numero Uno

Eight wonderful ladies joined me the first Sunday of January for my first Wildtree freezer meal workshop and several more joined me the following Sunday too!  I'm not sure I stopped smiling until Monday and I still can't get over how amazing it was to see these busy, hard-working women come into the workshop with so much energy and leave with even more excitement.  I could never put a price tag on that feeling of success.  Not to mention...I not only have eight meals for Ev and I, but I was able to give two meals to friends of ours who just welcomed their first child into the world on Sunday.  It truly was perfect timing.

Here is a little play-by-play.

For this workshop we put together meals from the "Everyday Meals" menu.  The meals included:

  • Easy Skillet Jambalaya
  • Crockpot Chicken Quesadillas
  • Perfect Roast Chicken
  • Lemon Rosemary Pork Tenderloin
  • Crock Pot Shredded Beef Burritos (I subbed pork)
  • Lemon Rosemary Chicken & Sundried Tomato Orzo
  • Cajun Shrimp & Red Pepper Fettuccine
  • Hearty Italian Meatloaf w/ Marinara Sauce
  • Oven Roasted Salmon w/ Lemon Rosemary
  • Southwestern Chicken Burgers

Evan and I have had five of the meals so far including the Jambalaya, Cajun Shrimp & Red Pepper Fettuccine, Perfectly Roasted Chicken, Lemon Rosemary Pork Tenderloin and the Crock Pot Shredded Pork Burritos.  The Jambalaya and Burritos had a bite to them, which we enjoyed, but I am happy we didn't choose to add extra spice like the recipe had offered, because then it might have been a little too much for our personal liking.  Although I do think my taste buds have become more accustomed to spicy flavors...I am still that person that asks for "no spice" when ordering Thai.  Evan tasted the chicken and immediately said, "that chicken is mind-blowing."  After hearing that, I had to try it for myself and will confirm that it was "mind-blowing good."  Think savory.

Although this was my first workshop, I have held a couple tastings and I can tell you...I have come a LONG way since my first tasting.  While preparing for my first event there were a few choice words, some sweating, and definitely some self-doubt.  For this workshop, I began preparing about an hour and a half prior to everyone walking through our door, there were no choice words...I might have even danced a little bit to the music that my hubby so graciously put on for the party. ;)  Much smoother.  Keep in mind that when hosting a workshop through Wildtree, the work is much less than being the host and representative.  That being said, the more you do workshops and tastings the less time and energy it requires.

I decided to turn this workshop into a tasting for people who wanted to come over and see the workshop in action and also taste the delicious food!  I set out a few dips including the Dill Dip (fan favorite), Smoked Mozzarella and Tomato Blend, and made guacamole with Chipotle Lime Rub with tortilla chips, veggies, and pretzels.  As always, I had to include the Quick & Easy Beer Bread, which has probably been the biggest hit at the parties I have held (tip:  I use a can of clear soda vs. beer).  The dips take about ten to fifteen minutes total to prepare and then they chill in the refrigerator while I cut up the vegetables and set all of the munchies out.  The bread takes five minutes (maximum) to mix up and then bakes for about 45 minutes to an hour.  It's so nice to greet everyone at the door with the smell of fresh bread.
Two of our test-tasters!

This workshop was smaller, I had four people participating and then one of my friends had decided to  pick up her bundle of Wildtree goodies and go home to put everything together.  She lives about an hour away, so this worked out best for her...next time hopefully I will know soon enough to ship it straight to her and make it a bit easier.  In front of everyone's places sat a Wildtree bundle and tasting guide that describes the company and what distinguishes their products from others on the market.  I had also put the shared ingredients that I was contributing as the host of the event in the middle of the table including eggs, oatmeal, rice, salt, and garlic powder.


This month's promotions!
Once we browsed through the tasting guide (15-20 minutes) and instructions were given, everyone began putting their meals together!  It took about an hour for their meals to be completed.  Afterwards we chatted a bit more with everyone and I gave them their choices for 1/2 off bundles and boom. Done.  It went SO fast.  The workshop began at 2:30 and ended by 5 pm.

My next workshop was the following Sunday, and was smaller again, but awesome for connecting with each person and enjoying the time spent together.  The second workshop took about three to three and a half hours, however we definitely chatted A LOT more, which was actually really nice.




So fun to see such beautiful smiles!

If you are interested in learning more about Wildtree and possibly even participating in a workshop whether it be physically or making the meals in your home, please e-mail here for more information or visit my website at mywildtree.com/mstaubin.  

Stay tuned for the upcoming Thankful for Thursdays series, "Embracing the Planet" that will begin this Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment