Shop Wildtree Products

Friday, December 4, 2015

Holiday Guest Post: Thankful for The Story

 I guess I've always thought life was like a book. 

Like life is what happens in books and everyone has a book, and meeting other people is just like dialogues and crossovers. Truth be told though, it is not. Life is not like the books you read and your life doesn't have a genre-like, action, romance, or adventure. To be honest, if our lives were books, they'd be boring as hell. At least mine would be. Tell you what, I'm currently in the library of a high school during lunch, the only free time you get in these 4 years of hell, and staring out the window. 

It's kind of ironic actually, writing about how life isn't like a book in a library, but hey that's life isn't it? 


And life is not a book.

...unless we make it one. 

Unless we take that spontaneous road trip and cook that awful recipe and buy those knee high, light-up avacado socks because OBVIOUSLY you NEED them.  

You have the decision to make your life a bit more like a book, a bit more whimsical if you wanted to.  I guess that's what I'm thankful for.  I'm thankful for the choice to make my life more fictional, more amazing, magical. 

More like a book, all as I wish... kind of like a book.

~Jamie Erickson, 15


No comments:

Post a Comment